- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 pound plums, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 medium red onion, minced
- 3 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Place water in a medium saucepan, and stir in the rice. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and fluff with a fork.
- In a medium bowl, mix until well combined the plums, onion, habanero peppers, cilantro, and sugar. Cover, and refrigerate about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with fresh rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken breasts in hot oil, and brown about 1 minute per side. Reduce heat to medium, and cook chicken about 5 more minutes per side. Serve over rice with plum salsa.
Chicken Breasts with Plum Salsa and Basmati Rice, recipe