- 2 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 1 quart water
- 8 ears corn, kernels cut from cob
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup corn oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup minced fresh basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tomatoes - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- In a medium pot, bring the basmati rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). In a bowl, toss the corn kernels with 3 tablespoons corn oil. Spread the corn on a large baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. remove from heat, and cool.
- In a bowl, mix the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, 1/2 cup corn oil, sugar, basil, salt, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together the cooked rice, cooked corn, tomatoes, corn oil mixture, red onion, and green onions. Cover, and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Roasted Corn and Basmati Rice Salad, recipe