- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 16 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- Whisk 1/4 cup oil, red wine vinegar, jalapeno pepper, oregano, garlic, seasoned salt, and cumin together in a large bowl to make marinade.
- Divide marinade between 2 bowls. Place chicken strips in 1 bowl. Place green bell pepper, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and onion in the second bowl. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper-onion mixture; cook and stir until softened and blackened in spots, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the same wok. Add chicken; cook and stir until no longer pink in the center, 5 to 10 minutes. Return pepper-onion mixture to the wok; stir until heated through. Serve over flour tortillas.
Chicken Fajitas With Colored Peppers, recipe