- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup chopped kale
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place cauliflower in a pot of boiling water; simmer over medium heat until softened, about 15 minutes. Drain and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add almond milk, kale, and nutmeg; pulse until smooth.
- Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler.
- Combine ground beef, mushrooms, leeks, carrots, red onion, and garlic in a skillet over medium-high heat; cook until ground beef is brown and crumbly and vegetables are softened, 5 to 7 minutes. Spread in the bottom of an 8-inch baking dish. Top with pureed cauliflower mixture.
- Broil in the preheated until golden, about 10 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
Cottage Pie with Kale and Cauliflower, recipe