- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked Dungeness crabmeat
- 1 head Bibb lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove asparagus and and immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes to stop the cooking process. Pat dry.
- Whisk mayonnaise, lemon juice, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl to make the dressing.
- Toss crabmeat, lettuce, cucumber, and celery together in a large bowl with dressing to taste. Pile salad mixture evenly onto 4 plates; add equal portions of asparagus, avocado, tomatoes, and eggs. Garnish with lemon wedges.
Crab Louie Salad, recipe