- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (optional)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) package sweetened dried cranberries (such as Craisins®), or more to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a bowl until mixture is creamy. Beat in eggs, orange zest, orange extract, and almond extract.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl; mix dry ingredients into moist ingredients to make a stiff dough. Mix sweetened cranberries into dough. Form dough into a ball, cut into halves, and shape each half into a log. Place logs onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are lightly browned, 20 to 25 minutes. Let logs cool completely on wire racks.
- Cut logs into slices on a slight diagonal and lay the slices on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake biscotti until crisp and lightly golden brown, about 7 minutes.
cranberry-orange biscotti, recipe