- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup toasted and chopped almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Stir in the orange zest and orange liqueur. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon, stir into the creamed mixture, then stir in the almonds and dried cranberries.
- On a lightly floured surface, divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a log about 1 1/2 inches wide and 10 inches long. Set the rolls lengthwise on a baking sheet at least 3 inches apart, and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm to the touch and slightly brown on the top.
- Cool for 10 to 15 minutes, then slice each log crosswise, at a diagonal, into 1/2 inch wide slices. Lay them cut side down on the baking sheet and return to the oven for ten minutes, turn them over and bake for 10 more minutes. Cool on wire racks, store in an airtight container. These keep for over a month.
orange cranberry biscotti, recipe