- 2 1/2 cups cucamelons
- 2 green chile peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon dill seed
- 2 teaspoons crushed black peppercorns
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar, or more as needed
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- Inspect 1 large jar for cracks. Immerse in simmering water until cucamelons are ready. Wash a new, unused lid and ring in warm, soapy water.
- Place cucamelons, chile peppers, dill, yellow mustard seeds, dill seed, and peppercorns in the sterilized jar.
- Combine water, vinegar, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until salt has dissolved, about 1 minute. Remove from heat and let cool
- Pour vinegar mixture over cucamelons so they are completely covered. If you don't have enough liquid, mix equal parts water and vinegar and add to the jar. Close jar with the lid and let stand 3 to 4 days.
cucamelon pickles, recipe