- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Bring the quinoa, vegetable broth, and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare the dressing by whisking together the orange juice, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, honey, and curry powder in a mixing bowl. Stir in the cooked quinoa, red onion, and raisins; season to taste with sea salt. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator several hours until cold.
- Stir in half of the toasted almonds immediately before serving. Sprinkle the remaining almonds over top to serve.
Curried Citrus Quinoa with Raisins and Toasted Almonds, recipe