- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (such as Lipton®)
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut cream
- water, as needed
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick-cut carrots
- 1 cup green peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the potatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Mix the curry powder, flour, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and cayenne pepper together in a small bowl; sprinkle over the potatoes. Stir the potatoes to coat evenly. Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper, onion soup mix, and coconut cream; stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on Low until the mixture is bubbling, adding water as needed to keep moist, 3 to 4 hours. Add the carrots to the mixture and cook another 30 minutes. Stir the peas into the mixture and cook until the vegetables are tender to your liking, about 30 minutes. Garnish individual portions with cilantro to serve.
Delightful ndian Coconut Vegetarian Curry in the Slow Cooker, recipe