- 1 (8 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 pinch dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container creamed cottage cheese
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain excess fat. Stir in tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and oregano; set aside.
- In a separate skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Saute the chopped onion until translucent. In a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, sour cream and sauteed onions.
- Place 1/2 of cooked noodles in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish. Drizzle with 1/2 of the melted butter. Cover with cheese mixture. Toss remaining noodles with remaining melted butter, and spread over cheese mixture. Cover with meat mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes, or until bubbly.
Divine Casserole, recipe