- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 6 leaves fresh basil, or to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 pounds ground beef chuck
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage
- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 6 cups bottled marinara sauce, or more to taste
- Blend parsley, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, basil leaves, garlic, kosher salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning in a food processor until herbs are finely chopped.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir onion in hot oil until translucent and nearly caramelized, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir egg mixture, onion, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese together in a large bowl. Add ground beef, Italian sausage, and fresh bread crumbs to egg mixture; mix. Shape into 1 1/2-inch meatballs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Heat 1 cup olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs in oil until seared evenly all around, 4 to 5 minutes per meatball; transfer to a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in preheated oven until cooked through, 15 minutes.
- Heat marinara sauce in a large pot over medium heat. Transfer meatballs to marinara sauce using a slotted spoon. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for a least 1 hour.
Meatballs Divine, recipe