- 24 fresh figs
- 1 cup cognac
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 cups toasted hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- Using a marinade injector baster, inject figs with about 1 tablespoon cognac, dividing the amount equally amongst the figs. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, blend remaining cognac, mascarpone cheese and 3/4 of the confectioners' sugar. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a blender or food processor, mix toasted hazelnuts, mint leaves and remaining confectioner' sugar. Place the mixture in a medium bowl.
- Remove stems from figs, and cut in half lengthwise. Fill halves with equal portions of the cognac and mascarpone cheese mixture. Roll in the hazelnut mixture. Arrange on a medium serving platter, cheese side up, and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
drunken stuffed figs, recipe