- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup vegetable juice (such as V-8®)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat egg, vegetable juice, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce, sage, parsley, oregano, salt, black pepper, and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl. Stir in oats and allow to soak.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; cook and stir onion, bell pepper, and celery until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir vegetable mixture, mushrooms, and turkey into oat mixture; shape into a loaf and transfer to a broiling pan. Mix tomato sauce and chili sauce in a bowl; pour over turkey loaf.
- Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 1 hour. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Fabulous Ground Turkey Meatloaf, recipe