- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pinch Himalayan salt to taste
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup grated Mizithra cheese
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onion and red bell pepper in the hot oil until tender and starting to brown, about 10 minutes; season with salt.
- Generously season ground turkey with salt and pepper; add to onion mixture and increase temperature to medium-high. Cook and stir turkey mixture until almost browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes; drain excess grease and reduce heat to medium-low. Add garlic, sage, and rosemary to turkey mixture; cook and stir until fragrant and turkey is browned, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Mix quinoa into turkey mixture and cook until quinoa is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Add Mizithra cheese to quinoa and turkey and remove skillet from heat; season with salt and pepper.
Quinoa with Ground Turkey, recipe