- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- 10 slices bacon
- 8 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 small head fresh broccoli, diced
- 4 green onions
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
- Evenly distribute bacon across bottom of each pastry shell, followed by half of cheese. Add broccoli, scallions, and tomatoes, then cover with remaining cheese.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, nutmeg, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Pour half of mixture into each pastry shell.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake an additional 45 minutes, until quiches are set in center.
garbage quiche, recipe