- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Melt the butter and heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Arrange the potato slices across the bottom of the skillet in a single layer. Cook without stirring for 5 minutes, or until the potatoes have begun to brown on the bottom.
- Sprinkle potato slices with rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, and paprika. Turn the potatoes, and continue cooking 5 minutes, or until tender. Turn off the heat, and sprinkle the garlic and cayenne over the potatoes. Lightly toss for about 1 minute, until the garlic has softened.
Garlic Herb Skillet Potatoes, recipe