- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat brown sugar, white sugar, margarine, shortening, eggs, and vanilla extract together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a separate bowl; beat into sugar mixture until you have a dough. Stir chocolate chips and walnuts into dough. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart onto baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and set, 8 to 10 minutes. Cool briefly on the baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Great Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies, recipe