- 1 (10 ounce) container refrigerated extra large biscuit dough
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 roasted green chile peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare biscuits according to the directions on the package. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapeno, green chile, salt, and pepper. Fry, stirring, until onions are soft. Whisk together the eggs and milk; pour into the skillet. Stir frequently until eggs are scrambled and cooked through.
- Split biscuits in half. Place some of the scrambled egg mixture on the bottom half, criss-cross two slices of bacon over the eggs, then top with shredded Monterey Jack cheese. Place the other half of the biscuits on the top, and serve.
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Sandwich, recipe