- 1 (16 ounce) package al fresco® All Natural Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with Italian herbs, with juices
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup light cream (table cream)
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Fresh oregano leaves for garnish (optional)
- Prepare grill for direct cooking and preheat grill to medium temperature range.
- Grill sausage links over direct heat, turning every minute. Remove from grill. Cool slightly. Cut sausage into 1/4-inch circles.
- Meanwhile, over medium-high heat, heat oil in a large heavy skillet. Add onions and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic and cook, just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Reduce the heat to low and add wine, tomatoes, sausage, oregano and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cook about 3 minutes. Add cream and cook for one minute.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine in boiling salted water according to package directions. Cook until al dente. Drain. Portion cooked linguine onto 4 warm plates or pasta bowls. Spoon sausage/sauce over pasta. Sprinkle each with Parmesan and garnish with fresh oregano.
grilled sweet talian chicken sausage with tomato cream sauce over linguine, recipe