- 1 (12 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1 pound bulk sweet Italian sausage (or links with casings removed)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of lightly-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes; drain well.
- Combine the sausage, onion, and garlic in a saucepan over medium heat; cook until sausage is completely browned and onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir together the pumpkin puree, cream, ginger, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat; add the sausage mixture and stir. Simmer until heated through, about 3 minutes. Toss with drained pasta to serve.
Sausage Linguine with Ginger Pumpkin Sauce, recipe