- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine (such as Barilla®)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (2 ounce) can anchovy fillets, drained
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans baby clams, 1 can drained
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add olive oil. Place anchovies in the hot oil, pressing with the back of a wooden spoon until anchovies are melted in the oil, 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, shallot, kosher salt, red pepper flakes, thyme, oregano, and basil; cook for 1 minute. Increase heat to medium-high and cook, stirring frequently, until onion and garlic start to soften, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour wine over onion mixture and cook 1 to 2 minutes. Mix clams and their juice into onion mixture; cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir tomatoes into clam mixture and cook until sauce is heated through, 2 to 3 minutes; season with salt and black pepper. Add linguine and 1/2 of the parsley to sauce and mix. Garnish with remaining parsley and lemon zest.
Linguine With Red Clam Sauce, recipe