- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans whole baby clams, drained and juice reserved
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook linguine at a boil until tender yet firm to the bite, about 11 minutes; drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook anchovies in the skillet until they dissolve into the oil, about 5 minutes; add garlic and continue cooking until it is lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes. Melt butter into the anchovies mixture. When the butter begins to bubble, stir parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper into the butter mixture; cook to soften the parsley, about 1 minute.
- Pour wine and about 3/4 of the reserved clam juice into the skillet. Place a cover on the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Bring liquid to a simmer; add clams and continue to cook until the clams are heated through, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour clam sauce over linguine to serve.
Linguine with Garlicky White Clam Sauce, recipe