- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian pork sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a Dutch oven or large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the sausage in batches until browned on both sides, about 5 minutes. Transfer the cooked sausage to a plate while cooking the remaining sausage. Return all the sausage to the Dutch oven, and add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the red and green bell peppers. Cook until the peppers are tender, 7 to 10 more minutes.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, marinara sauce, red wine, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until all the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the linguine, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the pasta has cooked through, but is still firm to the bite, about 11 minutes. Drain well in a colander set in the sink. Serve the sauce over the linguine.
Sweet talian Sausage Ragout with Linguine, recipe