- 6 large portobello mushroom, stems removed
- 1 eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (16 fl oz) bottle balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 (4 ounce) package crumbled blue cheese
- 6 hamburger buns, split and lightly toasted
- Place the mushrooms, eggplant, winter squash, and zucchini into a shallow bowl or baking dish. Drizzle with the balsamic vinaigrette, turning to coat evenly. Cover, and refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drain vegetables and discard marinade. Place vegetables on preheated grill, and cook until lightly browned, turning once, or about 3 minutes on each side. (Note that cooking times vary between grills.) Sprinkle the mushrooms with blue cheese, and let the cheese melt slightly.
- Open the 6 hamburger buns and divide the eggplant, squash, and zucchini among bottom halves. Place the portobello mushrooms on top of the vegetables, cheese side up. Top with the remaining 6 hamburger bun halves. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold the buns in place. Serve immediately.
Grilled Veggie-Portobello Mushroom Burgers, recipe