- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 (1 ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 slices pepperjack cheese
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa, or to taste
- Preheat outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Mix the ground chicken, onion, garlic, taco seasoning, and egg together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide chicken mixture evenly and form into 4 soft patties.
- Cook the chicken patties on the preheated grill until meat is no longer pink and juices run clear, 5 to 8 minutes per side, depending on thickness. To serve, place each patty on one half of a hamburger bun, top with a slice of cheese, avocado slices, and desired amounts of jalapeno peppers and salsa. Cover with remaining half of bun.
Ground Chicken Taco Burgers, recipe