- 4 (5 ounce) fillets hake
- 1 (12 ounce) package gluten-free pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place a steamer insert into a saucepan and fill with water to just below the bottom of the steamer. Add hake, cover, and steam until easily flaked with a fork, about 25 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add red onion, tomato paste, and garlic; cook and stir until dark and thick, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in red wine; cook for 1 minute. Stir in canned tomatoes, oregano, basil, and dill weed. Simmer sauce until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Cut hake into 1-inch chunks and stir into the sauce. Season sauce with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve over pasta.
hake in neapolitan sauce with gluten-free pasta, recipe