- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 2 small onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups tomato puree (passata)
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 3/4 tablespoons gluten-free all purpose baking flour
- 2 tablespoons lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup cold vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons cold vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons margarine (such as Vitalite®), or to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella-style vegan cheese, divided
- 1 pinch dried parsley, or to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) package dry gluten-free lasagna noodles
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion and red bell pepper until softened, about 5 minutes. Add zucchini; cook until softened, about 5 minutes more. Stir in garlic until combined. Add tomato puree, mustard, oregano, basil, and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer. Cook vegetable mixture until flavors blend, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk flour and 2 tablespoons milk together in a bowl until no lumps remain. Mix in 3/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable stock. Pour this sauce base into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add margarine; cook, whisking constantly, until simmering. Reduce heat to low. Add 1/2 cup vegan cheese; stir well. Season with parsley and black pepper. Cook until cheese is fully melted, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the bottom of the baking pan with lasagna noodles. Add a layer of vegetable mixture; top with a thin layer of the cheese sauce. Repeat layering with the remaining noodles, vegetables, and cheese sauce, finishing with a thick blanket of sauce. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup vegan cheese on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is bubbly and browned, about 30 minutes. Let rest before serving until firm, 15 to 20 minutes.
Homemade Gluten-Free and Lactose-Free Vegetable Lasagna, recipe