- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir onion and garlic until soft and fragrant, about 3 minutes; remove from heat.
- Stir ground turkey, turkey sausage, egg, parsley, onion mixture, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Use an ice cream scoop to measure 8 equal portions; pat each portion gently into a burger shape.
- Pan fry the burgers in a large skillet over medium-low heat until browned and the meat is no longer pink inside, about 4 minutes per side. An instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the center of the burgers should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees F).
Jive Turkey Burgers, recipe