- 1 spaghetti squash, halved
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, or to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place spaghetti squash cut-side down in a baking pan. Pour water around squash.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender when pierced with a fork, about 45 minutes. Cool until easily handled, 5 to 10 minutes. Scrape out and discard seeds. Scrape flesh into strands with a fork.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and hot sauce; cook and stir until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in squash strands, artichoke hearts, and red bell pepper. Season with oregano, basil, and thyme.
- Stir chicken and Parmesan cheese into the saucepan. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until flavors combine, about 5 minutes.
Mediterranean Spaghetti Squash, recipe