- 1 (3 pound) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 16 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- salsa (optional)
- Make 1-inch deep punctures all over squash with a serrated knife. Microwave squash on high for 6 to 8 minutes; turn over and microwave until squash is steaming and cooked through, another 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes, cut in half lengthwise, take out seeds, and shred the flesh with a fork.
- Mix fresh lime juice, chili powder, ground coriander, ground cumin, and coarse salt in a large bowl. Add shredded spaghetti squash; mix well.
- Place black beans (heat if desired), crumbled queso fresco, chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro into separate bowls. Heat corn tortillas in a skillet over medium-low heat until warmed and flexible, about 30 seconds per side.
- Spread each tortilla with a spoonful of black beans and squash mixture, and a sprinkling of queso fresco cheese, onion, and cilantro; top each serving with salsa.
Megan's Spaghetti Squash Tacos, recipe