- 1 pound 99%-lean ground turkey
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nonfat sour cream, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) can nonfat spicy refried beans, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded low-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Brown ground turkey in a skillet over medium heat, breaking it up into crumbles as it cooks, about 10 minutes. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water, bring the mixture to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer turkey mixture until thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chopped green chilies and remove from heat.
- Spread a scant 2/3 cup enchilada sauce evenly over the bottom of an 8x10-inch baking dish; top sauce with 4 tortillas, overlapping if necessary. Spread tortillas with half the sour cream, half the refried beans, half the turkey mixture, and 1/3 the cheese blend. Top with another 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and 4 more tortillas. Firmly press down on tortillas to compact the layers beneath.
- Repeat layers, spreading remaining sour cream, refried beans, turkey mixture, 1/3 the cheese blend and 2/3 cup enchilada sauce onto tortillas. Top with remaining 4 tortillas; press down as before. Finish layering casserole with remaining 2/3 cup enchilada sauce and remaining 1/3 the cheese blend.
- Bake casserole uncovered in the preheated oven until the cheese topping is melted and bubbling and casserole is hot, about 20 minutes.
Mexican Lasagna Lite, recipe