- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1 jicama, peeled and diced
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can black beans
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 (3.5 ounce) can sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (2.25 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 bunch chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil; cook diced carrot in boiling water briefly, about 2 minutes. Drain immediately and plunge into a bowl of ice-cold water; drain.
- Mix jicama, black beans, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper in a bowl; toss to coat. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Stir blanched carrots, jalapeno peppers, vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a bowl; cover bowl with plastic wrap. Store both bowls in refrigerator 8 hours to overnight.
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir rice in hot oil until opaque, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour chicken broth over rice; bring to a boil, cover the saucepan, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until the liquid is absorbed completely, 20 to 25 minutes. Spread cooked rice onto a large platter and cool completely in refrigerator.
- Stir chilled rice with jicama mixture and carrot mixture in a bowl; add black olives, green onions, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, cucumber, parsley, cilantro, and seasoned salt to the rice mixture and toss to combine.
mexican rice salad, recipe