- 2 cups matzo farfel
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Soak matzo farfel in a small bowl of water for a few minutes. Drain, squeezing out excess moisture. Return to the bowl.
- Melt margarine in a microwave-safe bowl, 20 to 30 seconds. Add to the matzo farfel; mix together and press into a greased round baking dish.
- Bake crust in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool. Keep oven on.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs together in a large bowl. Mix in Cheddar cheese, milk, salt, garlic powder, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan. Cook and stir turkey sausage until crumbled, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in spinach until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Fold turkey-spinach mixture into the egg mixture. Pour into the prepared crust. Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any overflow or spills.
- Bake in the preheated oven until center is set, about 50 minutes.
passover quiche, recipe