- cooking spray
- 5 bananas
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 2 mini muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Mix bananas in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Blend in yogurt, sugar, butter, applesauce, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix whole wheat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Pour into banana mixture; stir until moistened. Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 10 to 15 minutes.
picky kids healthy banana muffins, recipe