- 2 (15 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup water, or as needed
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups steel-cut oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons milled flax seeds
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pour pineapple juice from both cans into a measuring cup. Add enough water to equal 3 cups.
- Bring pineapple juice-water mixture, coconut milk, and milk to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; add steel-cut oats and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 20 minutes. Add more water if oats look dry.
- Add pineapple chunks, coconut, brown sugar, flax seeds, vanilla extract, and ginger to the oats. Cook until brown sugar dissolves and pineapple is heated through, about 10 minutes.
pina colada steel-cut oats, recipe