- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 (1 ounce) squares semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, dry pudding mix, baking powder, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Cover dough, and refrigerate for at least one hour for easier handling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into finger shapes, about 1 1/2 inches long. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, or until set and very lightly browned on bottoms. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt together chocolate and shortening, stirring constantly until smooth and well blended. Drizzle a small amount of chocolate over each cookie. Allow the chocolate to set before storing.
Pistachio Cream Cheese Fingers, recipe