- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries
- 1/8 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, walnuts, and butter and mix well. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch pan. Bake in the preheated oven until the nuts are fragrant and the crust is lightly browned, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla, confectioners' sugar, and 1 cup whipped topping. Beat well, and spread the filling over the cooled crust. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix the instant pudding with milk until thick. Spread the pudding over the cream cheese layer. Top with remaining whipped topping, sprinkle with nuts, and decorate with maraschino cherries.
pistachio cream pie, recipe