- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook rigatoni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until browned, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; cook until bubbling, about 5 minutes. Add cream, cinnamon, salt, pepper; stir until blended. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain rigatoni and pour into a medium casserole dish. Pour sauce over rigatoni and give mixture a quick stir. Sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot and browned, 20 to 25 minutes.
quick pasta al forno, recipe