- 3 pounds ground beef
- 3 tablespoons sugar-based curing mixture (such as Morton® Tender Quick®)
- 1 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid smoke flavoring
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, curing salt, water, garlic powder, onion powder and liquid smoke using your hands. Divide in half, and form each half into a roll. Wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Unwrap the beef rolls, and place them on a greased baking sheet or roasting pan.
- Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven, turning the meat over after 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then refrigerate until chilled. Slice, and eat on sandwiches.
Real Homemade Bologna, recipe