- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces raw ham, diced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 (8 ounce) package goat cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or more to taste, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, or more to taste, divided
- 12 ounces Parmesan cheese powder
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add zucchini slices; cook until centers appear transparent, about 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add ham; cook and stir until starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high and pour honey over ham. Cook and stir until ham is crisp and honey browns, about 5 minutes.
- Pour tomato sauce into a deep baking dish. Cover with half the zucchini slices. Season with salt and pepper. Layer tomato slices, crisp ham, goat cheese, 1/2 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano on top. Cover with remaining zucchini slices. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, remaining 1/2 teaspoon basil, and 1/2 teaspoon oregano on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Reinvented Zucchini Gratin, recipe