- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in an oven-safe skillet, and cook and stir the onion and garlic until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the green peppers, and cook and stir until they have begun to soften, 5 more minutes. Pour the eggs over the vegetables, and stir in the basil, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low, let the eggs sit over the heat until they have started to set, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven and cook the frittata until fully set, about 15 minutes.
- While the frittata is baking, heat 1 cup of olive oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Deep-fry the sweet potato slices, a layer at a time, until golden brown and crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Top baked frittata with the fried sweet potato slices to serve.
Rosemary Egg Frittata, recipe