- 1 1/2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 pinch black pepper to taste
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- Combine the stew meat, mushroom soup, mushrooms with their liquid, and onion soup mix in the crock of a slow cooker. Pour in red wine, if desired. Season with pepper.
- Cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or on High for 4 to 6 hours.
- In the last half hour of cooking time, bring the rice and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender, and the liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
Slow Cooker Beef and Mushrooms, recipe