- 1 (9 x 13 inch) pan cornbread, crumbled
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 3 cups coarsely shredded cooked chicken
- Mix crumbled cornbread with onion, celery, and butter. Lightly stir in sage, salt, poultry seasoning, black pepper, eggs, cream of chicken soup, and cream of mushroom soup until thoroughly combined. Pour chicken broth over the dressing to moisten.
- Layer half the dressing into a slow cooker, spread half the cooked chicken over dressing, layer remaining dressing over chicken, and top with remaining chicken.
- Set cooker on High and cook for 45 minutes. Reduce cooker setting to Low and cook at least 5 more hours.
Slow Cooker Chicken and Dressing, recipe