- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce, or to taste (optional)
- 8 sandwich rolls, split
- Place the chicken breasts into the bottom of a slow cooker. In a bowl, stir together the ketchup, mustard, lemon juice, garlic powder, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, set the cooker to Low, and cook for 6 hours. Shred the chicken with two forks, and cook for 30 more minutes. Serve the chicken and sauce spooned into the sandwich rolls.
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken, recipe