- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, or more to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 dash hot sauce (such as Cholula®), or to taste
- 1 pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Lightly grease the crock of your slow cooker with vegetable oil.
- Put chicken breasts into the bottom of the slow cooker crock; add chicken broth, black beans, cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, yellow onion, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours (or on High for 3 hours).
- Remove chicken breasts from the crock to a cutting board. Shred chicken into strands with a pair of forks and return it to the mixture in the crock; add sour cream and stir.
- Continue cooking on Low for 30 minutes more.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili, recipe