- 1/2 pound dried Great Northern beans
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tomato, chopped (optional)
- 4 ounces shredded Mexican cheese blend (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste (optional)
- Place Great Northern beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse beans.
- Place beans, chicken, onion, chicken broth, jalapeno pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic powder in a slow cooker.
- Cook on High for 4 hours or on Low for 8 hours. Remove chicken breasts from the chili and place on a work surface; shred chicken breasts with a fork and mix back into chili.
- Spoon chili into 4 bowls; top each serving with 1/4 of the chopped tomato, 1 ounce Mexican cheese blend, and 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro.
Slow Cooker White Chili with Chicken, recipe