- 1 Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liner
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- Chopped avocado, cilantro, and/or crushed red pepper (optional)
- Line a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker with a Reynolds(R) Slow Cooker Liner.
- Coat the beef with flour. Cook and stir beef in a large skillet in hot oil over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until browned.
- Place the beans, carrots, onion, and garlic into the prepared slow cooker liner. Top with the beef. Add tomatoes, broth, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low 7 hours or until the beef is fork-tender.
- Stir in the corn gently with a rubber spatula. Cover and cook 10 minutes more or until heated through. If desired, serve with avocado, cilantro, and/or crushed red pepper.
Slow Cooker Mexican Beef Stew, recipe