- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Stir 4 cups milk, white sugar, and rice together in a slow cooker until the sugar dissolves; add margarine.
- Cook on High for 2 1/2 hours.
- Beat egg, 2 tablespoons milk, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt together in a bowl.
- Temper the egg by stirring a small amount of the hot rice mixture into the egg mixture to gently warm the egg without cooking it; stir the egg mixture into the rice in the slow cooker.
- Continue cooking on High until creamy, about 15 minute more.
- Transfer pudding to a glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap leaving two corners uncovered to vent, and refrigerate until chilled completely, at least 1 hour.
Slow Cooker Rice Pudding, recipe