- 10 roma (plum) tomatoes - peeled, seeded and crushed
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and olive oil in a slow cooker. Season with oregano, basil, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon.
- Cover, and cook 10 to 15 hours on Low. The longer you simmer it the more flavorful it becomes. At 10 hours it's really good, but at 15 its even better.
Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce, recipe